Jesus Radicals Blog 2005-2017
Jesus Radicals encourages participation in the upcoming second national general strike on February 17th. The grassroots movement to revive the general strike as a powerful tactic in the hands of working people against their exploiters is calling for this second strike in response to the new administration's attack on immigrants and all working people. This is an opportunity for working people to send a clear message that we will not tolerate the divisive, gaslighting politics of this administration that would like us believe that our enemy is beside us—be them muslim or latinx immigrants—rather than above us—the bosses and landlords who exploit us.
On February 17th we are committed to no work, no school, and no shopping. Instead, we will organize locally to demonstrate our dissent and demand the following:
1. No Ban, No Wall. The Muslim ban is immoral, the wall is expensive and ineffectual. We will build bridges, not walls.
2. Healthcare For All. Healthcare is a human right. Do not repeal the ACA. Improve it or enact Medicare for All.
3. No Pipelines. Rescind approval for DAPL and Keystone XL and adopt meaningful policies to protect our environment. It's the only one we've got.
4. End the Global Gag Rule. We cannot put the medical care of millions of women around the globe at risk.
5. Disclose and Divest. Show us your taxes. Sell your company. Ethics rules exist for a reason and presidents should focus on the country, not their company.
More information on the strike can be found at:
On Facebook @ Strike4Democracy
On Twitter @F17Strike
The viewpoints expressed in each reader-submitted article are the authors own, and not an “official Jesus Radicals” position. For more on our editorial policies, visit our submissions page. If you want to contact an author or you have questions, suggestions, or concerns, please contact us.
All Accountability Advent Anarchism Animal Liberation Anthropocentrism Appropriation Biblical Exegesis Book Reviews Bread Capitalism Catholic Worker Christmas Civilization Community Complicity Confessing Cultural Hegemony Decolonization Direct Action Easter Economics Feminism Heteropatriarchy Immigration Imperialism Intersectionality Jesus Justice Lent Liberation Theology Love Mutual Liberation Nation-state Nonviolence Occupy Othering Pacifisim Peace Pedagogies Of Liberation Police Privilege Property Queer Racism Resistance Resurrection Sexuality Solidarity Speciesism Spiritual Practices Technology Temptation Veganism Violence War What We're Reading On . . . White Supremacy Zionism
Nekeisha Alayna Alexis
Liza Minno Bloom
Eda Ruhiye Uca