South Pacific Christian Anarchists
South Pacific Christian Anarchists is a network of people interested in exploring common threads in Christian and Anarchist traditions, practices and visions as they pertain to our part of the planet.
South Pacific Christian Anarchists (SPCA) is an emerging network of groups and individuals (if such things exist) interested in exploring common threads in Christian and Anarchist traditions, practices and vision.We have piggy-backed on the Jesus Radicals website since the name and kaupapa seem appropriate, so the shoe fits nicely.
We have an annual gathering – click here for more details of this year’s event.
People affiliated to this network consider themselves more or less actively committed to:
- personal growth and communal transformation based on a relationship with Jesus, prayer and worship;
- reflecting on the scriptures in relation to personal and collective experiences, historical and current events;
- connecting in meaningful ways with people living in our local neighbourhood/area;
- providing support and hospitality to people marginalised by mainstream society;
- challenging injustice, domination and the abuse of power wherever it exists;
- protecting creation and the natural environment from further degradation.